Aloha! :)

Before I start, I just wanna say that this is my first blog so no judge! haha. Anywho this blog is about me, Erik Isiah Louis, and my 1st adventure and privilege to serve where the need is greater, specifically in Italy and Israel. Thanks to Jehovah I get to be "A Need Greater"! Chee! So follow me on my adventure as me and my friends serve Jehovah where the need is greater!

Monday, April 9, 2012

Special Talk & a African Party!

Ciao everyone! Allora.... novita? (So.... whats new?) haha Just thought I'd update you on the latest that happened since the last post. Yesterday we, as well as all of Jehovah's servants around the world, got to enjoy our special talk entitled "Is it later than you think?" given by 1 of our elders, Gabriel.  He did a really awesome job and used a few illustrations, in which I'm going to borrow for future use haha.  Their were quite a few in attendance also, so that was very nice too see.  Oh and I almost forgot but on top of it being the special talk, it was bow tie day! Me and some brother's planned a bow tie day. Now I love bow ties! lol

Me, Ricardo, Javen and James Rockin the Bow Ties



African Food!
Later on that night, we had a gathering planned by Sister Grace at brother Ambross's house.  Pretty much the whole congregation was there haha.  It was so much fun! We ate awesome African food and btw She cooked choke food! There was enough food to last all of us for like a week!  I ate WAY too much food because my stomach was sticking out and I felt like I was gonna collapse lol.  Then after we ate, the African music started blasting and it became a full on dance party!  and boy can the Africans dance!  1 sister told me that Africans learn to dance before they can walk lol. They showed us there dance moves and then we showed ours haha but man it was so much fun! Everyone was dancing, from the little toddlers to even the older 1's!  Overall it was a really great gathering. Got to eat, dance, and talk story with everyone. I got to know the friends in the congregation better and now we are even better n closer friends now! And on top of that I formed many new friendships also.  It's so awesome to be in a worldwide brotherhood, in which everyone is united and where everyone is so loving, even when they barely don't even know each other, most of the time not even at all! But the 1 thing that we do know about each other, no matter where we are from, is that we love Jehovah and that's why we are so united. Their is nothing that comes even close to Jehovah's organization.


Meet my new African Aunties, Dora and Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment