Aloha! :)

Before I start, I just wanna say that this is my first blog so no judge! haha. Anywho this blog is about me, Erik Isiah Louis, and my 1st adventure and privilege to serve where the need is greater, specifically in Italy and Israel. Thanks to Jehovah I get to be "A Need Greater"! Chee! So follow me on my adventure as me and my friends serve Jehovah where the need is greater!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

This is how it all started....


Field with Andrea aka The Moke
Ok so it's been just about 2 weeks into my trip already, so I'm not even gonna try to back track what happened because to many things happened already and it will take too much time to explain it all. But here's a brief summary.... In the beginning we flew around the world, which took 24 hours. Landed in Italy, moved in with brother Andrea Burgo aka "The Moke", who is a MS in the Bologna English Congregation (The Congregation we are serving in).  


Afternoon witnessing with the boyz




Being in the Bologna English Congregation is like being in the foreign language congregation back home.  In field service we look for english speaking people literally EVERYWHERE! Busses, Markets, Train stations, etc. So it involves choke walking!  But to find out, our main territory is looking for Africans. Why? Well because most Africans are taught english when they went to school, so that they can interact with each other in Africa despite coming from different tribes where they have there own language. So to find out there are plenty of Africans in Italy!  All you have to do is go up to them and ask if they speak english and if it's a yes then you start preaching, a no then you don't, simple as that haha. Another way we preach is our territory, like back at home, but it only consist of those who speak english, which they know because they do this thing called "research" where they go to a part of the city which hasn't been researched yet and they ring every doorbell and ask if anyone speaks english. They mark it down and bam! theres our territory.  Then the final way is by referrals, those yellow slips in the back of the hall which people fill out if they speak another language.  We get those.



So that's basically how we do field service here.  Congregation wise, the congregation is so warm and loving! It's really encouraging to be here! The congregation has 41 publishers, 10 pioneers, and last month 23 were auxillary pioneering! And on top of that The first meeting we go to, we already have parts! Javen had the bible highlights and I had the congregation book study reading! We also have many assignments scheduled too so it's gonna be a very exciting and busy time here. 1 elder told me they're gonna squeeze us like a sponge and use us until the very end haha. So I feel very privileged to be here right now. Even though I'm sent here to help encourage the congregation over here, I think they're encouraging me more! So happy and grateful to be here! So thats just about it on everything that happened so far and how everything is going on here, I'll tell all the many other experiences I had when I get home. Tonight we have meeting and then tomorrow is the MEMORIAL!!!!! Can't wait! That will be it's own blog in itself! Until then, Ciao everybody!

2 comments:

  1. It's a privilege to work with you, Eric! Let's keep up this special work and keep it fun, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no no no no no no its a privilege to work with YOU Bra! haha and its always fun with you!

    ReplyDelete